I was recently walking through the store with my husband, brothers-in-law, and sisters-in-law. (Yes…there were six of us going to the store to buy formula for my nephew. We got side-tracked and distracted and looked at all sorts of things. It was fun. )
Anyway, as we walked past the food aisles, I looked up and saw a pumpkin bread mix. I couldn’t believe it! Is it seriously time for pumpkin to be in the stores??
My sister-in-law and I practically did a little happy dance though because we both agreed…if there was pumpkin on the shelf it could only mean one thing. The holiday season was coming!!!!
And so I came home and went crazy on Pinterest finding lots of yummy, new pumpkin recipes to try out. (Check out my pumpkin Pinterest board here. ) So, without further ado, here are the ten recipes I’m most excited about trying this year.
1. Slow-Cooked Pumpkin Chili – Nothing says fall quite like chili. I love the image that comes to mind of family times around the dinner table. A fire in the fire place. And a major plus to this is I can throw it in the crock pot in the morning and smell it cooking all day long. Delicious!
2. Pumpkin and Black Bean Burritos – Burritos are a quick and simple lunch to make and black beans are so delicious. My mouth is watering.
3. Pumpkin Pie Pudding – Pudding is a snack that brings back memories from my childhood. Pudding was a rare snack, but one I enjoyed whenever mom made it. So, I’m looking forward to introducing my boys to the joys of pudding.
4. Perfect Pumpkin Bread – The smell of homemade bread wafting from the oven filling my home. *sigh* This is going to be wonderful! Homemade bread with a slight hint of pumpkin. I can’t wait!
5. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie – Pumpkin…chocolate chips…pie…yep. This one has got to be good!
6. Pumpkin Pie Bars – Not only does this dessert look so delicious, but I’m hoping that it will be one that even the people in my family who don’t like pumpkin will like.
7. Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese – Macaroni and cheese is a favorite in my home. I love the idea of adding a vegetable to it. And I’m sure the bacon adds a delicious flavor.
8. Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer – I have a sweet friend who likes creamer in her coffee although at my house she always has to settle for milk because I forget to have creamer on hand. So, I’m looking forward to making this for her. (Perhaps I’ll even decide to mess with a perfectly good cup of black coffee and try a bit of this. )
9. Pumpkin Marmalade – And this I want to try just because it sounds like an interesting project. I’m not quite sure what to think of it. (Although I’m planning to preserve this in jars in the freezer, instead of canning. From the research I’ve done, it isn’t safe to can pumpkin with a smooth consistency like this.)
10. Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This would be a perfect Saturday morning breakfast. Enough said.
This post is linked to Friday Favorites.